Sunday, January 24, 2016

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Hi there! It's been months...literally months...since I've blogged.

In the past few months I've barely cooked "real" meals. I mean, I put food on the table, but nothing worth noting.

Why? Why did I stop cooking? Why did I stop blogging? Why did I "forget" about something that meant so much to me?

Well, the truth is adjusting to two kids has been harder than I expected! My daughter, while beautiful and happy and adorably sweet, is also not the easiest baby and for a long time I was really struggling to keep my head above water.

I thought of this place...this tiny corner of the internet that's mine, and longed for the days when I came here as a place to unwind. I missed having that outlet. But I couldn't get here.

I decided a few weeks ago that now that my daughter is 6 months old it's time to really start making some efforts to get back to doing the things that bring me joy and one of those things is blogging. So, while I'm not going to make any grand promises, I am going to do my darndest to get back in the kitchen and get back here. Because this mama needs to feel like "Stephanie" and not just "mom" at all times. So...here's to 2016... a few weeks late...and I hope to be back more and more often.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I am also a mom of two and cannot imagine juggling a blog on top of mom and work life. If it brings you the sanity and peace you need, good for you! I'll be here seeing what you've got cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one kid and I feel you! Most days I barely have energy to cook let alone, cook, make it pretty, take a picture, and post about it!

    Congrats on your baby girl....She is so precious! Is her name Emerson? That's at the top of our girl list for next time. :)

    ReplyDelete