Saturday, March 10, 2018

Sweet Thai Shrimp Stir Fry


Confession: I like my shrimp overcooked. There. I said it. Now we can move on. I always knew I didn't like my shrimp the way most people did but this stir fry sealed the deal. As we were eating it John was raving and I thought they were too "juicy" so I cooked my shrimp more, probably to what most would consider rubbery haha, and loved them!

Weeknight meals are and always will be a challenge. With prioritizing my health it is not always easy to find weeknight meals I can get on the table and actually enjoy. This stir fry was perfect. It was full of flavor and easy to make. You can substitute any protein if you don't like shrimp, but you must try this!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

2 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points for 1/2 the recipe

Ingredients:
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies (or substitute fresh), cooked
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 lemon

Directions:
1- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the shrimp. Cook on one side and then flip to the other.
2- Meanwhile in a bowl stir together the soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
3- After the shrimp are fully cooked stir in the sauce and the veggies. Mix well. Squeeze the lemon over the skillet and stir.
4- Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to
    manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to
    get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to
    commenting anyplace, when i read this paragraph i thought i
    could also make comment due to this sensible piece
    of writing.

    ReplyDelete